ABOUT THE FROWN CHALLENGE
1 annual winner will emerge from 12 monthly winners.
The Frown challenge is a campaign against Female Genital Mutilation and Cutting (FGM/C) erroneously known as Female Circumcision.
WHAT IS FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION/CUTTING? [FGM/C]
This includes all procedures that involve is the partial or total removal of the female genitalia or any other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.
Please note: FGM/C has no known health benefit, advantage and no religious backing.
NEGATIVE EFFECT OF FGM/C
FGM/C has numerous negative effects. Some of the negative effects of FGM/C include.
- Vaginal infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Severe bleeding
- Pain during sex
- Pain during menstrual cycle
- Death [ in some cases ]
We encourage everyone to join the FROWN CHALLENGE every LAST FRIDAY of the month (frownfiday).
HOW TO BE PART OF THE FROWN CHALLENGE?
The steps to be part of the frown challenge are very simple.
- Post a FROWN SELFIE on twitter or instagram
- Add your comment/opinion/concern on Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting.
- Follow @endcuttinggirls on twitter/instagram and tag the photo using #Frownchallenge #Endcuttinggirls.
Please note: Winner of the monthly Most Powerful Frown will be selected based on likes, engagement and creativity. Monthly winners will be announced on the 21st of the following month.
WHAT YOU STAND TO GET FROM THE FROWN CHALLENGE.
Monthly winner of the Most Powerful Frown will get…
- A UNICEF- endorsed Certificate of recognition.
- Training as a Social Media Advocate against FGM/C.
- A chance to compete at the Nation’s “Most Powerful Frown @ FGMC contest in July 2018.
The grand prize is fantastic.
Get creative, show your frown against Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C)
TOGETHER, WE WILL END FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION